Group Coaching on How to Have Difficult Conversations
Practice Conflict Skills
Develop a Common Conflict Language
Have a Happier Team
Who is this Group Coaching for?
Group Coaching brings our online course to life.
We customize each group coaching program to your specific needs and culture.
Are you interested in Group Coaching?
Use the button below to contact us to set up a free 30 minute consult about your training needs.
Here’s what past participants love about the Group Coaching Program:
- “I loved how the breakout sessions added something fun to the remote learning format – you never knew who was going to be in your breakout room!”
- “This training filled gaps that have been missing for a long time and is having a direct effect on issues I have faced for a long time.”
- “Thank you for teaching these sessions. It’s an important part of our job as managers, supervisors, and colleagues to have difficult conversations, therefore it is integral to have tools like these in our belts. These tools help organizations foster open, positive, respectful cultures.”
- “The training was worthwhile and I feel more confident and skilled with engaging in difficult conversations.”
- “The course is very relevant and an important topic for those in leadership positions. The skills taught support positive communication and problem solving.”
- “I really enjoyed having the opportunity to take the course. I now have a clear sense and greater confidence of how to have a difficult conversation.”
- “The role playing was really useful. The training was excellent!”
- “I found the 8 Step Model most helpful. This is an actual plan we put into practice. One key learning is the fact that preparing for these conversations takes time in order for it to be successful.”
- “I appreciate the clarity of the 8 Step Model. I enjoyed the repeated reference to the Model as a touch stone throughout the sessions”
- “I enjoyed our sharing times and the fact that the instructors took the time to review the model thoroughly.”
- “The steps are clearly laid out and easy to follow”
- “I found it helpful to choose one issue and keep coming back to it to discuss with my partner. Preparation for a difficult conversation is key.”
- “I enjoyed having a partner to help me through the steps”
- “The handbook is a good resource with valuable content to study and apply”
- “I appreciate the pragmatic, applicable approach.”
- “I found the clear steps very helpful. The preparation steps are very key and when put into practice, make a significant difference in the outcome of a difficult conversation.”
- “The most important thing I learned was the importance of gathering information and taking the time to work through the 8 Step Model.”
- “Receiving tools to better understand what goes into having difficult conversations and how to position these cases.”
- “The steps in the 8 Step Model, the value of preparing for a difficult conversation (benefits vs. risks) and building my power. The materials are an important reference to go back to.”
- “Looking within myself to help find deeper meaning to the issues at stake”
- “Taking more time to listen during difficult conversations and potentially learn something unexpected”
- “Preparation, speaking with intention, and being confident that all conversations can be had in a respectful, productive way.”
- “The discussion around ‘pinching’ was a good opportunity to reflect on how to mitigate challenging circumstances in difficult conversations.”
As a participant in Group Coaching, you will:
- Attend a series of live webinars
- Ask your individualized questions
- Dive deeper and learn more comprehensive and practical applications of the 8 Step Difficult Conversations Model as applied to your team and leadership context
- Have access to the How to Have Difficult Conversations online self-directed course for 12 months (NOTE: if you’ve already purchased the course, you get that amount OFF this live Program. Email us for your discount!)
- Complete specific homework after each class to make implementation easier
- Have time to apply concepts to your own situation
- Have time for practice and role play
- Receive a certificate of completion
Over the last few years, we have taught the How to Have Difficult Conversations course many times to teams and to general audiences. We also have the benefit of other leaders teaching our materials to their teams and organizations. What is emerging is the critical importance of support and accountability. That is precisely what we’ve built into the Group Coaching Program:
- The online, self-directed version of the course is broken down in our live training into components so that you have a chance to dive into each step in a methodical way.
- You will receive crafted structured homework between group coaching sessions, so that the experiences can live in you during the week and it will make it easier to practice and implement.
Ready to jump on board?
Use the button below to ask your questions!